ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any way to have particle world emit from a layer...or emit from another shape besides a oval?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard GarabedainAny way to have particle world emit from a layer...or emit from another shape besides a oval?
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 3:47:03 pm

So I have a layer thats a 16:9 rectangle. i wanted particles to emit from this layer so that the edges line up with the particles being emitted from them. However particle world only seems to be able to emit from an oval spherical shape. I know particular could probably do this, but i was looking for a cheaper alternative than particular....

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Any way to have particle world emit from a layer...or emit from another shape besides a oval?
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:41:36 pm

particular can definitely do it (you can create a rectangular emitter, or select any 3d layer as an emitter, and particles will emit from the layer's opaque alpha areas).

i can't think of any way to trick particle world into doing that.

particle playground can, but it's not a 3d particle system, has a rather steep learning curve, and it renders quite slowly.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Any way to have particle world emit from a layer...or emit from another shape besides a oval?
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:45:56 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:46:40 pm

I believe you need particular to do exactly what you want, no way for particle world to use a custom emitter.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]