ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Riiging with DUK leaving "dirt" behind

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gustavo richieriRiiging with DUK leaving "dirt" behind
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 7:29:44 pm

This one seems a little difficult to explain so I'll add a picture here. The problem i'm running into is, when I use Duik to rig my characters, when I move the body parts the software seem to leave some small pieces of the illustration behind. Just a really small line, but that is bothering me alot! You can clearly see this on this picture:

Now let me explain the way I did this one so you can tell if there is something wrong with my process.
I illustrated the character on photoshop, each part of the body is on a separate layer. I imported the PSD file into after effects as a new composition, maintaining layer sizes. I used puppet tool to create the points, then created the bones, controllers and IK chain on duik.
I didn't use Duik on the head but you can see that it left behind some traces of the eye, so it's probably not Duik's fault.
If anyone can help me sort this one I'd be very thankful. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Kevin NicasiRe: Riiging with DUK leaving "dirt" behind
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 3:16:09 pm

Copied from a similar thread:

Select the puppet pin effect, enable the puppet pin tool and turn on the mesh. The mesh needs to encompass the whole picture or strange things will happen on the edges. You can expand the size of the mesh by adjusting the 'expansion' parameter right next to the 'show mesh' tick button. You want it as small as possible yet covering the whole image.

You can also increase the number of triangles in your mesh to reduce artifacting. Bear in mind this will significantly increase rendering times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved