ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Anyone have any idea how this effect was created?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael FosterAnyone have any idea how this effect was created?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 2:53:01 am

Hi everyone.

Second post here. I had some all-stars help me with my first issue. Maybe one day I'll have the skill to help contribute.

I'm wondering how this text-effect was created. Is trapcode particular something that would produce this almost blood-drip style? Maybe use Luma-matte alpha or something in tandem with the particles to the text maybe?

I'm less concerned with the camera shake, bloom, and radial blur/glow. And just trying to get the look of the text.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

You can find the text at 2:00 (the end)

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Anyone have any idea how this effect was created?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 11:33:55 am

I would try two stretched animated fractal noise layers, one black, one white. The black layer first to create the darker streaks and then the white layer combined with a a copy of the text blurred vertically, so it follows the shapes of the letters somewhat.

Return to posts index

Michael FosterRe: Anyone have any idea how this effect was created?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 7:29:45 pm

I don't think I'm advanced enough to execute what you said. I'll definitely work on it though. Seems like a much simpler process than what I've done.

-Foster

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2016 at 1:32:29 am

Oh ok that makes sense.

I'll probably end up doing it again, however, here's a link to what I have created so far:
(at the time of this post it's uploading)

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Anyone have any idea how this effect was created?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 4:02:22 pm

I'm not an all-star, but thanks.

As Kalle suggested, I'd start with trying something with fractal noise. Another thought would be to find a texture online of some blood smear or something similar and use it as a displacement map over the text. Maybe some fractal noise or masks to give it some more randomness or spotty-ness.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2016 at 9:25:38 pm

I just hope you know I don't take anyone's help for granted. It's truly an amazing feat to be able to brain-pick those who know what they're doing.

I'm not sure how to mask the fractal noise though to get the long streaks. Is this something that I should do by hand? Even if I did, it seems impossible to rotoscope the eveolution of the noise.

I've been trying different roughen edges with no luck.

- out of ideas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]