ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to chop up dancing videos, align to new beat, allow for future use at another tempo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
How to chop up dancing videos, align to new beat, allow for future use at another tempo
on Feb 11, 2016 at 3:50:57 am

I'm looking to chop up dozens of videos of animals dancing, and align them all to the beat of a new track to make a music video. It's going to be a lot of work, so I want to make sure I'm doing it the smartest possible way.

I'm open to any tools that would help. For most of my music videos, I just mark the audio track by hand in PP, then import into AE with the markers and start aligning. If some of the auto marking software out there works particularly well, maybe I should start there.

As for the time realignment of the dancing animals, some will be rhythmic over an extended period, and some will need to be stretched and squeezed beat by beat. I may also want to use some of the clips for a remix video that will be at another tempo, so I would prefer a workflow that leaves me an easy option (without processing footage multiple times if possible) to align to a new tempo.

My initial thought is that I would like something akin to marking where the beats look like they are occuring in the footage, then forcing those markers to somehow align to those on the music track. Not sure how to force that alignment, though, or if that's the best approach.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: How to chop up dancing videos, align to new beat, allow for future use at another tempo
on Feb 11, 2016 at 4:22:41 am

Perhaps this might help: http://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-premiere-pro/

Gary

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
Re: How to chop up dancing videos, align to new beat, allow for future use at another tempo
on Feb 12, 2016 at 10:06:54 pm

Yeah. Thx. That's getting the audi marked, though... which is the easy part. It might save a little time on that bit, but the big question is how to essentially mark the footage that's not to a beat and reallign those markers to match the marked audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]