ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh TumpakAfter Effects Error
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 11:08:56 pm

Hi guys, never posted here before, but I'm fighting a looming deadline and I'm kinda desperate.

I'm in the middle of a website-walkthrough video that's only using captured screenshots (.PNG) and a VO (.MP3). No third-party plugins in use. Very, very simple.

When trying to adjust the speedgraph curves for position and scale keys, I get this error:

After Effects error: attempt to get an item address from a position outside of list length. (27 ::15)

I also can't select those keys in the timeline by selecting them. I can select them with an area selection, but can't move them or right-click to get to their properties.

The other, and more crippling error is when I try to copy a layer. I get this:

After Effects has encountered an error. [..\..\Src\Clip\Clip.cpp-737] followed by:

After Effects can't continue: An input contract violation has occurred! followed by a crash.

If I take the same asset (we'll call it media.png) from the project window, drag and drop it onto the timeline, and THEN try to copy it, it works. But if I try to copy any layer that I've already placed, I get the above error.

I've never come across either of these in 14 years of AE use. If anyone has any insight, I'd be eternally grateful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved