ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RAW DNG Premiere to AE Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt CallacRAW DNG Premiere to AE Workflow
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 5:08:34 pm

Shot some stuff on Black Magic Ursa at 4k Raw. Brought the DNG sequences into Premiere to find my selects. Have those pulled in a sequence. Normally (in other workflows not using DNG sequences) I just copy my footage from Premiere timeline and paste it over to AE, no problem. When I do this with the DNG Sequences, it doesn't bring them in as sequences, only brings them in as still frames. The file name reads as if it's a sequence, but it's only giving me first frames. Similarly sending to AE using dynamic link yields the same results.

Anyone got the proper workflow for pulling sections of a DNG sequence to send to AE.

Thanks
-mattyc

Return to posts index

Matt CallacRe: RAW DNG Premiere to AE Workflow
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 7:35:57 pm

I was able to find some stuff on some forums at adobe. It appears that the CinemaDNG importer for Premiere is different from the one for After Effects, and that's the cause of it only importing the first frame. I have not found a solution, but I did find an Adobe Video of a work around workflow from before Premiere could use DNG Raw files. SO this seems like it may be the backward ass workflow to use as a solution.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: RAW DNG Premiere to AE Workflow
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 7:54:32 pm

Please consider filing a bug report [link]. I think that issues which affect larger numbers of users get more attention.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Matt CallacRe: RAW DNG Premiere to AE Workflow
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 8:40:10 pm

I actually did fill out a request after I realized this was an adobe workflow problem. Thanks for posting the link, so others could do the same.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]