ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Corrupt Exports

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer AdamsCorrupt Exports
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:17:09 am
Last Edited By Jennifer Adams on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:24:54 am

I'm having some strange difficulties rendering out a timeline from AE. I've tried almost every file format and setting, and all of the files that render out are unplayable. I've tried Quicktime, AVI, MXF... The only setting that renders out usable files is TIFF sequence, which isn't what I need. I tried using Adobe Media Encoder to convert the TIFF sequence to a movie file, and that also renders out a corrupt, unplayable file.
I've never had any codec problems on my computer, and have rendered out files in the past using these same settings.
I'm using VLC Media Player, and also tried re-installing the latest version.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Corrupt Exports
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:43:00 am

Have you tried bringing the exported files back to AE and see if they work there? Just to rule out possible media player snags.

Return to posts index

Jennifer AdamsRe: Corrupt Exports
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:50:42 am

AE won't accept them either. It says they're corrupt.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Corrupt Exports
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 10:34:16 am

Then you might have hardware problems. Have you tried exporting to an external drive? Have you purged your cache before rendering?

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: Corrupt Exports
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:47:48 pm

This could be VLC player itself. I keep it around, but I've had issues with VLC player creating problems in adobe/avid suits just by being installed on the computer. Additionally it has trouble playing a lot of formats that are very standard to NLE's. Uninstall it and uninstall any non-professional codexes.

Its all I got. It definitely looks like an incompatibility issue as Adobe Media Encoder should handle encoding a Tiff sequence incredibly easily.

Second thought: Are you checking the corrupted video in just VLC or in AE/Premiere/other software? I've had more than plenty of cases where VLC either won't recognize video (many standard NLE formats) or won't be able to correctly play video (high bitrate, which is virtually every video other than the final deliverable).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved