ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects render and adobe media encoder won't finish video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Rodriguezafter effects render and adobe media encoder won't finish video
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 4:05:13 am

I've looked all over and I cannot find a solution to my problem. I have a video which is mostly rendered in cinema 4d lite. I am now trying to encode the video to finish it. However after effects keeps freezing at the same spot and does not progress to finish the video. The time est just continues to climb. If anyone has any insight to this problem I would really appreciate the help.

Im using windows os
geforce gtx 970 graphics card
32 gb of ram
amd hexa core processor

I have multiple cameras in my scene and am using the stage to switch between shots. The render freezes at the first camera switch so I think this might have something to do with it but I' m not sure.

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: after effects render and adobe media encoder won't finish video
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 3:50:48 pm

Hmmm. I don't know why it's doing that unfortunately. I do have a possible workaround. Render out a Jpeg sequence. Then, when it stops, start a new render the frame after the other one stopped. Not guaranteed to work, but it might.

In the mean time, a couple questions. You have a scene in C4d and your rendering it out of After Effects through the cineware effect? Or do you already have a video and your just re-encoding it? What are your render settings. Is there anything else in your composition than the cineware layer? Are your cameras AE cameras, or are they c4d cameras?

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: after effects render and adobe media encoder won't finish video
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:25:30 pm

If you are encoding from the After Effects application itself, that is a problem in and of itself. Export uncompressed or export as a tiff sequence (I would not use a jpeg sequence as it would result in multiple compressions). Take that large intermediary and encode it in the media encoder of your choice.

The encoder built into AE is bad. Its so bad that while this may sound like a whole lot of extra steps, its far faster and results in a much better encoding than through the AE application. If you are doing a whole lot of exports, then setting up a watch folder for Media Encoder will even cut out that extra work.

If that doesn't work and there is something with the video itself on the camera switch (does it RAM preview okay), then transcoding the base video is the next natural step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]