ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how do I render in slow motion in after effects or Quicktime ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby singer
how do I render in slow motion in after effects or Quicktime ?
on Feb 7, 2016 at 3:33:22 am

i have 30 seconds of animation in maya how do i render it slow to around 1 minute in after effects or quicktime ..

Anybody having done this please help ..
or post any links to online video tutorials or any other tutorial..

thanks,

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: how do I render in slow motion in after effects or Quicktime ?
on Feb 7, 2016 at 1:08:05 pm

Take your video, drag it to the make new comp icon. If you want it to be 1 minute, press cntl+k and change the duration to 1 minute. Couple of methods you can use now, one is to simply use Time Remapping(cntl + alt + t), then drag the second keyframe to 60 seconds and drag the layer out point to the end of the comp.

Another method is to use the time warp effect. Take the comp you created and extended to 60 seconds, and drop that on the new comp icon, rename it final. Now just add the Time > Time Warp effect to the precomp. It's already set at 50% speed, so you should be done.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Feb 7, 2016 at 4:44:00 pm

Also good to know that there are three options in how After Effects generates the additional frames, one is to duplicate existing frames, one is to blend between the frames and one is to create new frames from the existing ones (pixel motion).

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:59:31 am

You can use the methods described in the previous answers, but I would render out of Maya a high frame rate- 120 or 240 fps. This way you have all you need for slow motion without quality loss when played at 25 or 29.97 fps, and you can speed up the footage as much as you need.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]