ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Switching between Mocha Masks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Hughes
Switching between Mocha Masks
on Feb 5, 2016 at 3:58:48 pm

Hi everyone, a pretty amateur question but I've searched and searched and can't find an answer. Basically I'm tracking a shot in Mocha, but the beginning and end frames are completely different, I want to use one track to track until the half way point, then switch over to the second mask's tracking data and stop using the first's.

I've tried setting the in and out points of mask layers but when imported into AE it only uses the data from one of the tracks.

There must be a super simple way of doing this seamless transition that I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
Re: Switching between Mocha Masks
on Feb 5, 2016 at 7:28:40 pm

I believe in mocha not all your tracking area has to be in frame. You could have the part that leaves frame just leave frame and extend the area over what is still in frame. It's been a while since I used it, but I seem to remember that being a feature, I could be wrong.

Return to posts index

Joshua Hughes
on Feb 5, 2016 at 9:12:47 pm

So I guess continually stretching the mask longer and longer over the scene is the only way? Darn it. Thank you anyway

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Feb 5, 2016 at 9:37:22 pm

I doubt it's the only way, I was simply saying a way I think it might work. If that's a problem or if it doesn't work, you might have to try another way, I just don't know one. I'm sure other people do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]