ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

In between Keyframes break bezier handles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Triplett
In between Keyframes break bezier handles
on Feb 5, 2016 at 2:45:38 pm

Hi there, first time posting. I am really hoping to get an answer on this, I have searched all over for an answer and have not found one yet. So, when I create a mask (say to rotoscope something) and I place a keyframe at the beginning of the footage, then I place a new keyframe and rotoscope at the end of the footage, then I try to rotoscope between the two keyframes, most (not all) of the bezier handles break so that they are no longer connected to each other. I want to be able to keyframe in between the two keyframes and all of the bezier handles remain connected. I don't know if this is a preferences thing, or a bug, or what but it is DRIVING ME CRAZY. To have to move both bezier handles when they are broken while rotoscoping is like having to do double the amount of work. I would love for the handles to remain connected until I actually tell them to separate. Please help me. Please.

You too can see how this happens! All you have to do is open AE, create a new comp, create a new solid layer, create a mask with bezier handles and key the mask path at the beginning of the comp, and then move the bezier handles around at the end of the comp like you are rotoscoping something, and then go to the middle of the comp and try to move around the handles. Tada! Most of them are now broken.

I have tried this on both CC 2014 and CS6. Both do the same thing. I have also tried it on another persons machine.

Thanks so much for listening to my rambling! Thanks even more if you can help me solve this issue!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: In between Keyframes break bezier handles
on Feb 5, 2016 at 6:56:19 pm

It should break in order to keep the most fluent transition for the curves. You can select one handle and hit alt(after selecting it) to match tangent angles/distance when its in the crisp curve state and vice versa.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 5, 2016 at 7:02:45 pm

Sorry. Let me make it clear. Select and hold one handle then HOLD the Alt key to switch between states.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Josh Triplett
on Feb 5, 2016 at 7:12:09 pm

You.....are a genius. Thank you so much, this has been driving me crazy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]