ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotobrush glitch/processing time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart ClarkRotobrush glitch/processing time
by on Feb 1, 2016 at 4:19:29 pm

I've been using After Effects CC 2015 for a little while now and haven't had too many problems. However, I recently had some issues with CC on my machine, so did a clean re-install of everything, and in doing so I've obviously been bumped up to the latest AE 13.7 version.

I work a lot with the rotobrush, but somehow between the last version and the current one I'm using, an issue has arisen. Every time I do a stroke with the rotobrush and release the mouse, the footage in the viewer disappears momentarily to the grey of the background, then comes back in. It's very brief, and the rotobrush seems to work at the same speed as before etc, only this constant screen blip is extremely irritating, makes it harder to work and is also giving me headaches (literally!). This never happened before. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Rotobrush glitch/processing time
by on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:58:31 pm

What version of AE did you have before the update? What are your system specs?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stuart ClarkRe: Rotobrush glitch/processing time
by on Feb 2, 2016 at 10:05:25 am

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure the exact build number, but basically before the re-install when things worked fine it was CC 2015, the version with the load screen that had a purple vista with a sunset in the background and sorta white light pyramids. The version I have now (problematic) is the 2015.2 release, 13.7.0.124; the current version. Got a sorta man/tree composite load screen going on.

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-4770k CPU
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Cheers,
Stuart

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Rotobrush glitch/processing time
by on Feb 2, 2016 at 8:48:47 pm

I'd recommend filing a bug report so Adobe knows it's an issue. They've been trying to squash bugs related to the new previewing architecture and it's possible that, when they fixe done of them, it caused another one that you're running into.
Here's the page for filing a report: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

You might check to be sure you're not experiencing the NVIDIA / Windows 10 driver issues a lot of folks were having. Or this: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8437678#8437678

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stuart ClarkRe: Rotobrush glitch/processing time
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 12:34:59 pm

Many thanks Mike, I'll file a report and see if I might be getting this driver issue too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]