ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

render to AVI from a mac: problems problems problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Werthrender to AVI from a mac: problems problems problems
by on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:45:36 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with a topic that seems to be heavily documented but none of the many solutions seem to have worked for me. I can only assume the problem is me and my noobness.

I have to deliver video adaptations to clients in different file types. Most of them in AVI, some WMV and one MXF.

I basically have a series of masters that I've made in Photoshop CC2015 with the Adobe Media Encoder Quicktime - Animation High Quality (it also says Linear PCM, Timecode in the info panel).
Then sent them to After Effects CC2015 to upconvert them and rendered them with the basic Lossless setting.

I'm happy with my movs but when I convert them with MPEGstreamclip (Render to AVI, compression:Apple component video YUV422 - I read somewhere that this was an uncompressed setting), the resulting AVI is too dark and the colours seem off and quality is generally horrible. I'm viewing the AVIs on a free version of Elmedia player that I just downloaded. The playback also isn't smooth but rather advances in blocks, the sound glitches as well.

I'm Mac based and can't afford to buy a PC just for this, and a new creative cloud subscription for that PC.
I'd hate to tell my client I can't do it. Is there a way to save all this work?
I'm on a crappy MacBook Pro running El Crapitan.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks so much already for having read this far.
Crossing fingers and toes here.

All my best,

Return to posts index

Mike SevignyRe: render to AVI from a mac: problems problems problems
by on Feb 1, 2016 at 10:02:40 pm

Uncompressed AVIs are very large and will likely stutter during playback, especially on a 'crappy MacBook Pro'. Also, I'm on PC but when I encode to uncompressed AVI I select 'None' when selecting a codec.

You can try other conversion options
- VLC can convert to AVI on a mac (and play them back)
- If you install Flip4Mac than your QT Pro will be able to output AVI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved