ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects changing color and opacity of illustrator assets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina Lovell
After effects changing color and opacity of illustrator assets
on Jan 28, 2016 at 6:23:04 pm

I'm doing an infographic for work and this thing has a lot of files to it, about half of them from Illustrator. Lately every time I go to work on this project or export it I notice one of my assets will suddenly look like it has a different opacity to it and will sort of flicker between that and what it's supposed to look like. When I quit and reopen the application it will fix itself but now a different asset will be doing it.

I've tried replacing the footage, deleting and copying the layers back into place, using effects or fills to fix the issue and it won't go away. The only thing that seems to work it quitting the application and then reopening but when i do that most of the time something else starts doing the same thing. I'm at a total loss on how to fix this. I'm running CS6 on my desktop computer which has Mac OSX.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: After effects changing color and opacity of illustrator assets
on Jan 28, 2016 at 9:39:30 pm

Are these Illustrator files in CMYK color mode or RGB mode? CMYK will not work in After Effects, but usually you'll just get an error message that the file can't be opened. Just something to check.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]