ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer VFX

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex PopWarp Stabilizer VFX
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 3:24:18 pm

Hi all,

So I have been through every VFX tutorial/post I've been able to find, but I think that because I'm trying to stabilize action footage it's a little more complex of a process it's been difficult to come across exactly the settings I need...I have several clips like the following I need to stabilize:

I have deleted tracking points around only the skier, and also everything but the skier--but AE does not appear to actually be helped by the use of the track points on this clip--in fact once I deleted it seemed like there was no stabilization at all? Which left me with the standard subspace/perspective/scale crop presets, none of which provided a useable result with default settings.

I guess the solution here is to shoot with a stabilizer rig in the first place, but for those of us who don't have access is there a workable Warp Stabilizer solution? For this specific subject is there a tracking point delete solution that should work?

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 3:26:07 pm

Video is private and needs a password.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 5:31:56 pm

Without seeing the video, I would recommend masking out everything that's moving (the skier, for example), precomp it (moving everything into the precomp), and then trying the stabilizer on the precomp.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX
by on Jan 29, 2016 at 8:57:02 am

Before going into masking and deleting track points, I would recommend trying out the Warp Stabilizer in Premiere Pro - I got great results with minor tweaking on the settings.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Alex PopRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX
by on Feb 5, 2016 at 1:10:16 am

Bumping for password unlock on the video...minor tweaks to default warp settings didn't work--I always had weird artifacts etc no matter which setting I went with (usually stick with position/scale/rotation). Other thoughts on track point deletion?

Return to posts index

Alex PopRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 10:15:11 pm

Bump again for any elaboration on track points as they apply here

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved