ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjustment layers forming top of timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory Burke
Adjustment layers forming top of timeline
on Jan 27, 2016 at 7:18:21 pm

I have recently moved from AE CC 2014 (CC 13) back to CC 12.

For some reason, whenever I create an adjustment layer, it always forms at the very top of the timeline, not simply above the layer I have selected.

This is very annoying, any fixes for this?

Thanks in advance,
Rory.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Adjustment layers forming top of timeline
on Jan 27, 2016 at 8:03:54 pm

You need to update your AE to at least version 12.1 That's when the feature was introduced.

May I ask why up backed down to version 12? I understand some folks having trouble with CC 2015 (13.5 or 13.6) moving back to CC 2014 (version 13.2), but I've not heard of anyone moving back to the original CC from CC 2014 since the 13.2 update...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Rory Burke
on Jan 29, 2016 at 6:28:48 pm

Because my CC 2014 went extremely slow so I wanted to revert back to what has always been quick.

Also, thanks for the note about the update. I will try that out!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 29, 2016 at 7:54:11 pm

You can install CC 2014 (and update it to 13.2) and install CC 2015 (and update it to 13.7) and try them out without messing up your version 12 install. Perhaps the updates to fix the bugs solved what made it slow for you and you would benefit from the new enhancements. I use CC 2015 at my home studio for freelance work, but I'm stuck on version 12.2 at my full-time job (due to red tape on our computer system that I don't want to get into) and I really miss CC 2015 when I'm at work!

Just make sure that you don't let CC 2015 remove your old versions as it defaults to do! Info here on that whole thing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 27, 2016 at 8:04:42 pm

Update to 12.1 -- that's when the "create above selected layer" feature was added.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]