ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Random Repetative Error In AE CS6 11.0.4.2 (REPOST)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Snyder
Random Repetative Error In AE CS6 11.0.4.2 (REPOST)
on Jan 26, 2016 at 5:04:44 pm

This is a repost from a thread I started here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2074705

I am running After Effects 11.0.4.2 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. I have just recently started getting an error message that pops up within the app whenever I try to do anything to a composition:

I have rebooted my system, uninstalled & reinstalled AE, and updated AE. I still get the error. Furthermore, I am unable to locate a plugin named Streamie within the installation directory. Anyone have any ideas/pointers on how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Random Repetative Error In AE CS6 11.0.4.2 (REPOST)
on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:24:38 pm

Let's start with the obvious -- did you EVER install a plugin called "Streamie"? That's a new one on me.

If it's a legit plugin, and you got rid of it, you may have done so improperly.

Mac OSs tend to make certain large sections of the software invisible. I've never had to deal with them. But if you can get this mystery folder (Libraries?) to show, you might find remnants of the plugin. You could just drag it to the desktop -- no longer visible to AE -- restart the machine and fire up AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jared Snyder
on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:36:10 pm

Dave:

Thanks for digging into this with me!

No, I don't recognize the name, and I can't even turn anything up on Google either regarding such a plugin. I have been sifting through various libraries and haven't found anything.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:43:14 pm

Hmmmm.... now I smell a rat. Macs aren't prone to malware, but you never know.

Have you tried the following: uninstalling CS6, running the Adobe Cleaner App, reinstalling CS6 and running an update?

If you don't have the Adobe cleaner App you can download it. It removes every last vestige of an application.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Jared Snyder
on Jan 26, 2016 at 9:48:37 pm

I don't suspect malware, because I keep on top of security. I've got a lot of sensitive data, and also 19 years as an IT professional. Plus, I run Sophos Anti-virus on my system and keep it updated. In my experience, it has been the most effective security suite available (Windows/OS X).

I am presently downloading the Adobe cleaner tool and will utilize it later tonight to remove everything and reinstall CS6 totally fresh. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 27, 2016 at 12:29:48 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 27, 2016 at 12:50:12 am

Just for the heck of it, I googled ""streamie" After Effects".

There's mention of "streamie" in an AE software developers kit. It's a plugin and apparently it "Manipulates streams, both dynamic and canonical"

Anything there ring a bell to you? I'm stumped why a plugin for an SDK would be in AE CS6.

PS -- thanks for the tip on the antivirus. I've been looking for something new for my Win7 machine at home. I'll check it out.

And I'm no IT Guy, that's for sure.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Jared Snyder
on Jan 27, 2016 at 1:09:48 am

Hmmm...I was playing with the developer sdk, but I don't remember using a plugin called Streamie. I've already uninstalled CS6 and ran the cleaner tool. I need to reinstall CS6 at some point tonight and see if it's good to go now. If not, at least now I know where the root of the problem originated.

Right around Christmas Sophos was giving their Windows version out free to home users. I'm not sure if they still are or not.

Return to posts index

Jared Snyder
on Jan 27, 2016 at 7:04:52 am

Okay, so here's what I ended up doing...

1. Updated my operating system
2. Uninstalled CS6 altogether
3. Used the Adobe cleanup tool to get rid of any clutter
4. Deleted the AE CC 2015 SDK directory (which I had been using prior)
5. Restarted my computer
6. Reinstalled CS6
7. Updated CS6

I've been working in AE for about 20 minutes or so and there are no more errors. Thanks, Dave!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 27, 2016 at 4:06:32 pm

Glad it worked!
You're probably aware that AE CC 2015 is a work in progress, in the midst of a massive re-write of code, much of which that hasn't been touched in 20 years. I wonder if that extends to the SDK?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]