ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bulk add lower third graphics and (or) text in lower third

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zat ElkacBulk add lower third graphics and (or) text in lower third
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:54:26 am

I have asked this on many forums, but found no answer so i will try here too.

For music videos i am adding template of graphics and text (artist, band, publisher) manually in lower third. Problem is that i get hundreds videos comming each day and in several days i will have around 4000.

With my amateur knoweladge of softwares it pretty easy task, and i have tried doing it in Premiere, Effects and Final Cut.

What i can not figure out is how to bulk this process, pulling text data from txt, csv or whatever text document which can be prepared. Graphics and position for all videos remain same, only the text changes.

Another question for any of mentioned programs: Since all videos do not have same settings, but are prepared for broadcasting, what is the fastest way of exporting video in same format it was imported.

Although this question might not belong to this forum, i am writing here as i have read that AE has scripting which can be pretty powerful for this sort of tasks.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Bulk add lower third graphics and (or) text in lower third
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 12:57:24 pm

[Zat Elkac] "What i can not figure out is how to bulk this process, pulling text data from txt, csv or whatever text document which can be prepared. Graphics and position for all videos remain same, only the text changes... "

Check out the CompsFromSpreadsheet script, from Michael Cardeiro:
http://aescripts.com/compsfromspreadsheet/

[Zat Elkac] "Another question for any of mentioned programs: Since all videos do not have same settings, but are prepared for broadcasting, what is the fastest way of exporting video in same format it was imported. "

That's going to be significantly harder. It might make sense to sort the input files by type so you can process them separately.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]