ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

New Learner...Need Advice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee JonesNew Learner...Need Advice
by on Jan 24, 2016 at 11:30:45 pm

Greetings. I'm pretty new to After Effects and I'm trying to teach myself some things and/or find the right production effect products. How would I recreate the effects in the pic I posted? (the animated digital display meters and horizontal line/grain effect).

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: New Learner...Need Advice
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 1:20:15 pm

Hi. You can search for digital distortion tutorials to see a more step by step guide.

But you can build one yourself with a few things such as the venetian blinds effect to create the lines, hue/saturarion effect to remove the color. shape layers for the dots and animated masks to create the whole composition.

keep in mind those type of effects are all about the timing that each element appears and moves. Its something that happens very fast and are usually synched with audio to make it believable.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: New Learner...Need Advice
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 2:21:41 pm

If you go into Effects and Presets and search for "Bad TV" there are a couple that will get you pretty close.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved