ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

face tracking slow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mercal wandersface tracking slow
by on Jan 24, 2016 at 4:51:18 pm

Hello everyone.

It's my first post in the this forum. I'm trying something new and I hope anyone can help:

I'm trying to facetrack a very long shot (9 mins!) in AE 2015CC

After 50 seconds of tracked frames the tracking becomes too slow to continue.
If I duplicate the layer, delete the facetracking effect but keep the mask, start tracking it again and it tracks reasonably ok for another 50 seconds.

When all the frames are tracked I combine the keyframes by copy pasting them into the last tracked layer so I have continuous face tracked data.

Now comes the problem: If I then try to "Extract and copy face measurements" It doesn't work for the entire set of tracked keyframes.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Or why this doesn't work?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: face tracking slow
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 6:13:16 am

You're doing too long a shot. AE's tracking features are intended to work over the span of about 30 seconds or so. Not 9 minutes.
The Fix -- split the shot up & do it over several projects. Then put all the rendered sections back together in an editing application.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mercal wandersRe: face tracking slow
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:06:36 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer. Splitting the tracking in smaller parts is what I'm doing. My questions is about how to combine the tracked data and specialy: how to extract the face measurements data.

What I was wondering about is how/if I can combine the tracked key-frames into one track in After effects. This so I can extract the 'face measurements" for the entire set of key-frames.

f.i.
I copy the first 100 keyframes from the left_nostril in a new facetrack and then the second 100 frames etc. etc. I get a new frack track with keyframes for the left nostril form 0 to 1000. I can do that for all the face points.

THEN: when I set the "set rest pose" to create the face measurements it does only work for the first 100 frames.

Maybe it's not possible or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would love to know :)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: face tracking slow
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:23:39 am

Is there a reason you have to track the entire shot?

Return to posts index

mercal wandersRe: face tracking slow
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:29:52 am

Yes there is :) It's for an art project; the face tracking data will be applied to a mask. The masks is 'listening' to a specific music piece which lasts 36 minutes: we're speeding up the tracking with 400% to match the time.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: face tracking slow
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 4:08:22 pm

How are you trying to track the sped-up shot? If it isn't a prerendered clip, it should be. Working with the long clip with time remapping (or any other time manipulation) is just asking for trouble.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]