ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving an object in a motion tracked scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
martin wategoMoving an object in a motion tracked scene
by on Jan 24, 2016 at 3:10:52 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so thank you for taking the time to help me out. I have been reading previous threads but can't find what I'm after.

I have a scene in Cs6 of a table that I have motion tracked and parented an image of a horse to the tracked data. When the camera moves around it sticks perfectly.

But if I want the horse to run in a straight line to the other end of the table while the camera is moving around the motion tracked scene, how do I make this happen.

I set key frames for the position of the horse once it was 3d and stuck to the image but I can't get him to run in a straight line down the table, As the camera moves the horse moves far from the path I want him to go in looking unrealistic.

So sorry this was long to explain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading forums and looking at youtube for days but can't find anything to help me

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Moving an object in a motion tracked scene
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 6:07:02 am

If Iunderstand you correctty, you won'have a lot of luck. It sounds likethis is a 2D image. As soon as you move the camera in. 3D space, it will stick out like a sore thumb.

You'd need to build a 3D horse, animate it and do the camera move in a 3D application, not AE..

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

martin wategoRe: Moving an object in a motion tracked scene
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:52:15 am

Ah thanks so much Dave makes perfect sense. It does stick out like a sore thumb and that's being nice :)

I really appreciate the help and advice. I won't waste any more time on this idea and will try and come up with an alternative.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]