ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Motion Graphics colors bright and washed out in render?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex CreamerAfter Effects Motion Graphics colors bright and washed out in render?
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 12:23:47 am

Hi, so I'm new to After Effects and Motion Graphics, but I am making a video for youtube using them. All is well however, my process has been to make around 10 seconds of animation, render it, then re-import it so that I dont have to constantly be re-rendering the animation while Im working on the next part. However, for some reason, after decing to put 4 finished quicktime renders together, and then render those four out as one quicktime, the colors are going way too bright and are being washed out. My render preferences are this:

Quality: Best
Resolution: Full
Size: 1920 x 1080

And for output module:

Format: Quicktime
Channels: RGB
Format Options: MPEG-4 Video for the Video Codec
Depth: Millions of Color
Color: Premultiplied (Matted)

any help would be appreciated on being able to render out my colors in good quality.
also if anyone has any experience in rendering simple motion graphics, any advice would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects Motion Graphics colors bright and washed out in render?
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 8:57:48 am

If you need to pre-render to use pieces in your final do notuse a compressed format. Go for best quality - sequence of stills, DPX or EXR (PNG or TIFF) or a high quality Animation or PNG (in QT, not the file sequence). This should preserve the colors, although QT has some color issues - do a search on this forum and you'll get a lot of information about that.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Alex CreamerRe: After Effects Motion Graphics colors bright and washed out in render?
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 1:00:44 pm

I appreciate the response! However, you could possibly explain that in more newbie-friendly terms? I didn't understand half of what you just said. Or in other words, explain like I'm five?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: After Effects Motion Graphics colors bright and washed out in render?
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 9:33:25 am

[Alex Creamer] "Format Options: MPEG-4 Video for the Video Codec"

AFAIK that's an older, crappier, simplified version of MPEG-4. I would use H264.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]