ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video wall: Many screens to form one image/screen?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troels HundtofteVideo wall: Many screens to form one image/screen?
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 2:15:24 am

Hi everyone!

I've been using these forums for years, but never had to actually ask a question myself (I could usually find the answer I was looking for by searching the forum)...so here goes!

I have this project where I have 16 or so 'screens' on a video wall displaying different videos at once (see image upload). What I want is to change the screens so that they - together - form a single large video image. Like, each screen would display a small part of the large image. Essentially like this, but with 16 screens:

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/data/2322172/3/39/39acf893_side-by-side-4...

And I just can't seem to figure out how best to do it. But I'm still fairly new to AE, so I'm hoping for some expertise here.

Any help would be extremely appreciated! Thanks! :)

/TJ

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Video wall: Many screens to form one image/screen?
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 10:09:03 am

It depends on how the project is build. If you build it in AE, then it's quite easy. Precompose the video you want in the screens, apply a mask on the precomp that splits the image in 16 parts (grid, a few pixels wide). If you already have the base for the shot - real footage or 3d animation, the principle is the same, you just need to 3d track the camera move and then apply the to a Null that will drive the precomp - 3d layer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Troels HundtofteRe: Video wall: Many screens to form one image/screen?
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 11:23:48 am

Thanks a lot! I'll try that and see if I can make it work! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]