ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Element 3d - Multiple Group Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex OlingerElement 3d - Multiple Group Question
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 10:16:50 am

I have been learning Element 3d for After Effects. The Animation Engine is giving me trouble. I`ve successfully achieved an animation engine transition from a Group 1 to a Group 2 shape, but I am having trouble transitioning from Group 2 to a Group 3 shape.

All of the tutorials I have found online have only shown Group 1 to Group 2 animations. I have tried keyframing the 'Start Group' and 'End Group' values, but I can`t quite wrap my mind around it.

I can animate from Group 1 to 3, blending 2 in between, but I wish to transition from 1 to 2, hold at 2 for a set amount of time, and then go on to 3.

Is there another technique or workaround that I am missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Alex

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Element 3d - Multiple Group Question
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 11:51:36 am

Quick solution- split animation in two, have 2 groups only - 2 layers of E3D, first for the first part of your animation, the second for the end.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Element 3d - Multiple Group Question
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:40:36 pm

In a single layer, you cannot do what you are trying to do. What Ted suggested is the solution. Alternatively, you could do the transition from group 1 to 2, then have group 3 be a duplicate of group 2, turn group 2 off, group 3 on and have group 3 transition to group 4.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved