ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

can't see footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yonatan Lehmancan't see footage
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 10:27:19 pm

I must be doing something stupid...newbie....

I'm trying to output some still frames footage - starting from 55 seconds, for a duration of 1

I input the footage (a VOB file renamed to .mpg), drag it down to the timeline - but I cant see anything in the composition window.
I think that this may be because I messed up the composition settings - but it could be for something else I did.

What is the composition start time ? Relative to what ?

specifically in my case - if I want to output 25 frames starting at 55 seconds into the footage (which is placed at the start of the composition)

What should teh composition start time br ? At what timeline time will I see the first frame I want to output ?
I'm using AE 7.0

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: can't see footage
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 10:54:01 pm

AE versions that old weren't terribly good with interframe compressions like MPEG.

But even if it were good, what you're asking to do would be much easier to do in a video editing application like Premiere. AE is NOT for editing video.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: can't see footage
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 12:08:12 am

I'm with Michael -- DO NOT use mpeg2 footage ripped from a DVD in AE. It just won't work right. Go get MPEG Streamclip to transcode it to something like a QT in the Photo JPEG codec.

As for the rest, just trim up the clip to the number of frames you want and render an image sequence.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: can't see footage
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 12:29:15 am

I forgot to add this -- MPEG Streamclip is free.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yonatan LehmanRe: can't see footage
by on Jan 17, 2016 at 7:45:37 pm

OK Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]