ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to automatically replace comps in After Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Atanasov
How to automatically replace comps in After Effect
on Jan 14, 2016 at 10:14:50 pm

I'm creating complex project in AE for Weather forecast. I'm using compsfromspreadsheet to automatically import text and graphics in layers in the project, but after running compsfromspreadsheet it creates new comps with data.

The main problem is that in the project are more than 200 composition combined together. So i manually need to hold Alt and replace every one of them.

Is there some script to automatically replace comp with same name with new one?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to automatically replace comps in After Effect
on Jan 15, 2016 at 4:47:15 pm

Oh, it distresses me to think you're trying to do this in AE. It is the absolute wrong tool for the job. I work at a TV station, and I realize what it takes a meteorologist to create a graphic presentation of weather.

Sadly for you, After Effects plays a VERY limited role. Meteorologists call on After Effects artists from time to time to create small looping animations for special occasions, which they then incorporate into their weather graphics systems.
Presenting weather information in a visual medium is a specialized task and it takes specialized hardware and software. Not After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to automatically replace comps in After Effect
on Jan 16, 2016 at 2:19:45 am

I should also add that compared to today's weather graphics systems, After Effects works at glacial speeds. You couldn't produce the graphics fast enough.

I STRONGLY suggest that you develop a Plan B.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]