ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Agent Smith Tranformation effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul FishermanAgent Smith Tranformation effect
by on Jan 13, 2016 at 6:19:20 pm

So you know how in the matrix where Agent Smith just jabs someone and they start to morph into Agent Smith? How would you go about creating that liquid-ish effect over the person? I was thinking maybe CC Mr.Mercury? Or something similar to it?

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Agent Smith Tranformation effect
by on Jan 13, 2016 at 11:35:10 pm

I just watched the clip of Agent Smith doing that to the Oracle. I think they did it in a full 3d program. However one thing I did notice about that scene is that those clips with the liquid in them are very short, about one second each. I think if you took that and made your clips with Mr. Mercury very quick, you could pull it off. You'd definitly have to play around with it a lot. Mr. Mercury doesn't have any control over the shape of the liquid, it's like a simple particle system where the liquid just shoots out or appears. I'd give it a try with a quick mask and see if it's at least decent before tweaking it a lot to see if I can get it to look good.

Return to posts index

Paul FishermanRe: Agent Smith Tranformation effect
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 8:53:20 pm

Hmm.well thanks for the reply. Tbh though, I'm not entirely sure if using masks with Mr.Mercury is going to be too helpful, so perhaps I might turn to the 3D part. Except that I on't know how to create liquid effects in Cinema 4D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved