ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio bass is muddy after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joshua kim
Audio bass is muddy after rendering
on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:29:07 pm

Hello! I'm new to this community, but I joined to ask any of you who is reading this,
I recently started to do audio visualizers w/ Adobe AE, and I came across a problem where the bass become really muddy and fuzzy. I've searched everywhere (on google atleast) for the solution to this problem, but came out with nothing.

Here's a video that I rendered.

@0:28 seconds of the video, there is a drop and the drop's audio is very fuzzy!
I don't know much about After Effects so please be clear as possible when you explain the solution if you have one!
:) Thank you so much to those who contribute to trying to help me find the answer!

other info:
- The song was used in .wav format (It was first .mp3 but i converted it to .wav using this website http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav)
- i used trap code sound keys to create the audio visuals along with the audio spectrum plugin

If you guys need any other info, please feel free to ask me! :D

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Audio bass is muddy after rendering
on Jan 11, 2016 at 2:41:46 am

does the audio drop out before you rendered? I find it strange that you used an online converter when mp3 is natively supported by ae/premiere. and even if it's a strange version ae/premiere can't play, i'd trust the free lame decoder more than some backwater adware site.

example:
lame --decode file.mp3 output.wav

Return to posts index

joshua kim
on Jan 14, 2016 at 2:59:53 am

hmm I don't know what you mean by 'drop out' before I rendered the video...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 11, 2016 at 2:42:22 am

I'm skeptical about using some web site to convert audio. It sounds fishy. Since you have AE, I bet you also have Adobe Media Encoder. I say use it for conversion instead of some web site.

If that doesn't clear up the problem, know this -- AE sucks at audio. You might get away with using it for sound keys, but you might want to marry video & audio together in a video editing application.

That is, if I understand properly what you wrote. That post was a little cryptic, y'know?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

joshua kim
on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:01:01 am

I'll be sure to try out the Adobe Media Encoder!
I'll let you know if it fixes the problem. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]