ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video Text/ Comic effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dre NnamdiVideo Text/ Comic effects
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 4:23:20 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm editing a video and I was asked to add this kind of comic effect to the video. Almost like a game promo.
the effect is like where the hero comes out and then the title effect slides in on a freeze frame.

ill post the link to the reference video below. pass: sam

at 00:00:23:22 and 00:01:26:11 of the video you will see what im talking about.
please if anyone knows how to do that kind of effect, or any tutorials that teach this kind of effect. kindly let me know.

Thank you so much for your support and help

Kind Regards

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Video Text/ Comic effects
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 4:34:07 pm

There is a white flash, then a fade to reveal the person who's been time freeze frame, rotoscoped/masked over a new background, while a glow effect goes from a high intensity to 0. The text/graphic is in the middle layer and animates from an anchor point on the far left of the graphic with what looks like scale and y rotation.

It's a series of simple techniques to create a nice effect, all of which you can find here, Video Copilot Basic Training series.

Check out those tutorial, and a few others of the more advanced on Video Copilot. If you have any more specific quesitions, feel free to ask.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dre NnamdiRe: Video Text/ Comic effects
by on Jan 9, 2016 at 5:28:24 pm

Hey Johnny,

Thanks a lot for your help i really appreciate it. I'm going to work on that your suggestion while also going through the video copilot tutorials. this was helpful.

Kind Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved