ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frames repeating in clips

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Feliks Vahtra
Frames repeating in clips
on Jan 8, 2016 at 4:52:51 am

Hi, I use OBS to capture my computer monitor and I capture at 60 fps with 1920X1080 Resolution. Whenever I use a captured clip and place it in an After Effects composition, the clip has many repeated frames. For example, the frame order goes 1-2-2-3-4-4-5-6-6-7-8-8 Etc. It's repeating every other frame twice which messes with lots of effects. This is a big issue for me because I can't use Twixtor to slow down my clip, otherwise it becomes choppy. Any idea why my clips have these frames in them that shouldn't be there? I've downloaded online clips and they work fine. Does it have to do with OBS and the clips I'm getting from there? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Frames repeating in clips
on Jan 8, 2016 at 11:34:54 am

Maybe OBS can't keep up a 60fps record on your system and is dropping frames? Compressing 1080p60 in real time is no mean feat.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 8, 2016 at 4:20:03 pm

I agree -- the capture software doesn't appear to be up to the task.
The cheapest way to fix the problem is to change the capture settings. You could reduce the capture frame rate. You may want 60 fps, but it's obviously not working. You could reduce the size of the captured image. You can experiment.
Or you spend a lot of money for new hardware.

What's your chioce?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Feliks Vahtra
on Jan 8, 2016 at 9:21:06 pm

It definitely has to do with the capture software and the capability of my computer now that I've looked into it a bit more, so I'll just try to record in lower quality. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Feliks Vahtra
on Jan 8, 2016 at 9:18:23 pm

Thanks for responding, this might be the case, since my computer isn't the most powerful. Guess I might need to purchase a better graphics card :)

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 9, 2016 at 8:24:34 am

[Feliks Vahtra] "Guess I might need to purchase a better graphics card :)"

You'll probably need a faster hard drive.

Return to posts index

Feliks Vahtra
on Jan 10, 2016 at 8:07:17 pm

You mean processor? Yeah, I ended up fixing the issue by turning down the video encoding settings on my screen recorder, so if I wanted it to be top notch quality, I'd need to invest in a processor and graphics card. I have plenty of space on my hard drive though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]