ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha AE CC - GUI problems - OSX 10.11.2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RobbrechtMocha AE CC - GUI problems - OSX 10.11.2
by on Jan 6, 2016 at 3:36:09 pm

Hi all,

Anyone else experiencing problems with the Mocha GUI under OSX 10.11.2?

It's been a while since I used Mocha but now i am having trouble with a very unresponsive GUI.

Tracking itself behaves normally but rotating and scaling shapes is very unresponsive.

The angle-ruler does not show up when rotating a shape, the shape does not rotate until releasing the pen. Same with the scale tool: no visual feedback whatsoever.

Anyone else seeing similar problems with Mocha under OSX 10.11? (Upgrade to Capitan is the only difference in my config since last proper functioning of Mocha).

Thanks for your help and tips!

Return to posts index

Martin BrennandRe: Mocha AE CC - GUI problems - OSX 10.11.2
by on Jan 6, 2016 at 11:59:25 pm

Hi Simon,

I've not been able to reproduce this on our 10.11.2 system. Are you on the latest update of AE CC 2015?
Which particular Mac are you using?

Can you try going to the OpenGL tab in preferences and turning on "Disable Offscreen Buffers"? You will need to restart mocha after doing this.

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Simon RobbrechtRe: Mocha AE CC - GUI problems - OSX 10.11.2
by on Jan 7, 2016 at 10:25:44 pm
Last Edited By Simon Robbrecht on Jan 7, 2016 at 10:30:33 pm

Hi Martin,

I'm on AE 13.6.1.6
My system: MacPro 4,1 - 2x 2.66 GHZ 6 core - 32GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 5870

Disabling offscreen buffer did not help.

I already tried reinstalling AE but that didn't help either.

Today I ran the same project on a similar MacPro (only difference was OSX 10.9.5 instead of my 10.11.2) and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for your help

Simon

Return to posts index

by on Jan 8, 2016 at 1:28:56 pm

Also, when opening the project on the 10.9.5 system, the clip opens immediately, on the 10.11.2 system however, Mocha seems to cache the clip beforehand. This process takes surprisingly long...

Note: tried on both systems with offscreen buffers enabled/disabled, makes no difference

Simon

Return to posts index

by on Jan 9, 2016 at 6:21:23 pm

UPDATE:

In the meantime I did a complete CLEAN reinstall of OSX 10.11. Unfortunately this does not resolve the issue.

However I noticed that the responsiveness deteriorates over time. The longer I work in the project, the worse it gets. After quitting and reopening Mocha, the first few moments, everything works smoothly. After a minute or so of working in the project, the GUI suffers from lag again...

Simon

Return to posts index

Martin BrennandRe: Mocha AE CC - GUI problems - OSX 10.11.2
by on Jan 11, 2016 at 11:39:03 pm

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay is reply. Unfortunately we still cannot reproduce this on our various El Capitan systems.

Can you please send me a screen grab or video capture of the issue and your mocha log to this address? martinb{at }imagineersystems.com

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]