ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

need suggestion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anand Rajputneed suggestion
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 9:16:27 am

Happy New Year to all
i am stuck in one job and i have no clue how to that
link of the similar is attached i want text part only (wave text part)
if any one of you guys can suggest something it will be a great help
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: need suggestion
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 3:08:26 pm

In my opinion, this effect was done in a 3D application (I use 3DS Max, so the link below is a search based on Max:

The text could be done in After Effects, then saved as a .mov file with an alpha channel, then used as the texture map in Max (or other 3D application).

This is how I would do it. There are other ways, using other applications - I'm sure it could be done in Cinema 4D as well. The most difficult part is rigging the breaking wave shown at the beginning, but there are some free rigs out there, at least for Max. Here's a tutorial on rigging waves in Max:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Anand RajputRe: need suggestion
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 5:32:02 pm

Thanks joseph for replying.
its a great help
But as in begning the text overlapping and text reacting as repulsive wave how can we that
If u can help in that also it will be a great help

Thanks once again for reply

Thanks and regards

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: need suggestion
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 6:01:40 pm

You could animate one word in the wave motion. Put it in 3d space and have it go in a circle while scaling up then down. Duplicate it a bunch and put them all in a line, duplicate all those and offset their position and timing so that they form the wave. You couldn't create a braking wave like this, but a simple wave would be fairly easy.

Return to posts index

Evan WorshamRe: need suggestion
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:03:33 pm

you could do this in c4d very easily

Animate the txt however you want; you could even make it in AE and then export a video with transparent background. Go into C4D, create a plane, then use you video as a texture. Then put your plane(with text video as texture) into a cloner. then use a Plane effector with the falloff shape as: box. You can set up you Plane effector to change the direction, size, spacing of the clones.

And this may be easier. Export your text as png's with transparent background, make a cloner and put a bunch of planes in it. Create a multi-shader texure. You do this by adding a Random Effector to the cloner; turn everything off on the Random effector but have Color Mode: On. Once you do this, all you have to do is animate the Seed and it will randomly cycle through the textures on your multi-shader

I know that may be a lot but if you google anything you dont understand, there should be a quick tutorial on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved