ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding smooth camera movement over a composition with a low fps wiggle paths effect.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joeri Clason
Adding smooth camera movement over a composition with a low fps wiggle paths effect.
on Jan 3, 2016 at 12:55:58 pm
Last Edited By Joeri Clason on Jan 3, 2016 at 3:11:29 pm

Hi,

Until now I cannot get my head around how to get a smooth camera movement(25fps) over a composition that has a cartoon effect ('wiggle paths' effect) and therefore needs to maintain a lower (7fps) framerate.

What I already did was precomping the composition with the cartoon inside (7fps) and using another comp on top of that with a framerate of 25 and animate the camera in that comp. While I did that the resulting effect is that the wiggle paths effects makes a movement every frame (even while the 'wiggle/second' in the shape layers are set to 7).

So in short:

How to use 25 fps camera movement over a 7fps comp with 'wiggle paths', keeping the wiggle paths effect to 7fps.

Project file 9625_creativecowpl7.aep.zip

Any help would be awesome!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Adding smooth camera movement over a composition with a low fps wiggle paths effect.
on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:56:51 am

I'd use "posterize time" effect on the cartoon layer.

Return to posts index

Joeri Clason
Re: Adding smooth camera movement over a composition with a low fps wiggle paths effect.
on Jan 4, 2016 at 9:54:42 am

Hi Kalle,

After reading your post I added the posterize time effect on the cartoon layer.
While this effect preserved the 7fps of the cartoon comp over the top composition 25fps(thanks for that), the cartoon composition is showing only 7 fps while zooming in. I want 25fps camera movement over a 7 fps cartoon.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 4, 2016 at 12:45:36 pm

The cartoon comp should be 25 fps with a 7 fps posterize time effect applied.

Return to posts index

Joeri Clason
on Jan 4, 2016 at 12:55:50 pm

Kalle,

That doesn't work, only if checkbox 'continuously rasterize' is unchecked, I get a 25 fps camera zoom.
I think I try manually setting keyframes for hold frame every 7 frames, while keeping the cartoon 25fps.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 4, 2016 at 1:31:44 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Jan 4, 2016 at 1:33:26 pm

I see. Don't quite know why it doesn't. Here's an expression that does the same basic thing but doesn't seem to have problem with continuously rasterize. Enable time remapping for the precomp and use this expression for Time Remap, keeping precomp at 25 fps.

Math.floor(time*25/7)*7/25

Return to posts index

Joeri Clason
on Jan 4, 2016 at 2:49:52 pm

Yes this fixes both framerate and smooth camera movement. Many thanks Kalle!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]