ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Computer Crash / Reboot Simulation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Sanchez
Computer Crash / Reboot Simulation
on Dec 30, 2015 at 10:11:42 pm

Gurus:

How would one go about simulating a computer crash? reboot? i have been tasked with coming up with a bumper for our Sermon Series at Church named, reboot. I want to make it look like the screens crashed. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Computer Crash / Reboot Simulation
on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:19:25 pm

You mean like the infamous Windows Blue Screen of Death that no one EVER hopes they see?

Haven't seen it.

Or are you thinking more along the lines of an old 4x3 tube-style TV set turning off?

Or perhaps the screen just goes to static?

There are all sorts of ways to go here.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 31, 2015 at 9:26:27 am

Another option is to make something that looks like bad digital TV reception, digital glitches. Although a computer doesn't do that, it is a more familiar-looking electronic glitch to most people. Along these lines:

Return to posts index

Clint Sanchez
on Dec 31, 2015 at 1:38:39 pm

Any of the above would be great actually. Thanks! I want to do it in AE, but like i said have no idea where to start lol.

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Dec 31, 2015 at 3:56:26 pm

If your screens are projectors, you could have it cut to the blue screen that says, "No input detected" or whatever it says. Then have it flicker after a second or two, cut to white, black, white again, then "restart" the video.

To emphasize the effect, make there be a small fuzz in the background of your audio that goes away when it cuts to the blue screen so the absence of sound is more apparent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]