ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Graphics Card -- Update Software ...or not

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreGraphics Card -- Update Software ...or not
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 6:39:11 pm

I'm running a Radeon R9 270 (2GB GDDR5) card with Win7 and 8GB of RAM and work mainly in After Effects cc 2015 and Cinema 4D with Element 3d as well, and am at a point where I'm satisfied with the performance I'm getting out of this configuration. I'm of the "if it ain't broke don't mess with it" mindset but would like to get someone's advice on a software update. Every time I turn the computer on, I get this reminder that the "Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12" is ready for download, but am hesitant to go ahead with it when in fact, it may improve the display and rendering capabilities of my machine. If anyone has experience with this latest update, it would make my decision a bit easier.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Graphics Card -- Update Software ...or not
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 9:36:31 pm

It won't help much... if at all. If things are working well, stick with it. At least for AE purposes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron MooreRe: Graphics Card -- Update Software ...or not
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 10:13:49 pm

Thanks, Dave, for your take on this. I think I'm staying put!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Graphics Card -- Update Software ...or not
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 5:52:51 am

in windows you can create a restore point, then install the update. if the update breaks things, then you can restore back to the restore point.

however i agree with dave, if everything is working well why risk messing it up.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved