ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Newb: Frame Rate Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou RuizNewb: Frame Rate Question
by on Dec 25, 2015 at 11:32:05 pm
Last Edited By Lou Ruiz on Dec 25, 2015 at 11:35:02 pm

I am creating a 20 second video for a local playhouse who plan to use the sequence as a scene in the show. It will project from behind on a screen using powerpoint. They say they have done this before with stills and video clips, but now they want something composited together, and they don't seem worried about it not working. I on the other hand am freaking out!

The clips they chose are two different frame rates, one is 25 fps and the other is 29.97. I have always worked in after effects default frame rate, but recently read that working in 24 fps would be best for anything that was not broadcast.

Anyways, what kind of problems am I setting myself up for? Should I set up after effects for 24 fps and drag my clips into it? or work with the default frame rate instead?

When they gave me a walk through of the venue, they mentioned that they were not overly concerned about it looking realistic, they just wanted to convey that the character was hallucinating.

So yea, any tips or advice would be appreciated. I have already rotoscoped the 25fps video that I need, but thought I should maybe ask before pushing further.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Newb: Frame Rate Question
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 7:44:52 pm

Find out how they 1) played it back and 2) projected it. They ought to know. It would also help to know the frame rate in your country.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved