ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unable to see the composition view.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CabralUnable to see the composition view.
by on Dec 25, 2015 at 6:58:50 pm

First off, this is all I see:

In my 3 years of using after effects, I have never experienced this problem until updating to after effects cc 2015 just yesterday. So basically, I was working on a project, then all of a sudden my composition view just disappeared. My render view setting is on Off (Final Quality), I'm on active camera with 1 view. I've already tried deleting the Camera to see if that was the problem. I have made sure my caps lock is not on. I know this is something wrong in just this particular project, because I was able to create a new project and create a new composition, and everything was working fine. I tried importing this project into a new after effects project, but I ran into the same problem. This is extremely frustrating, and I've been trying to fix this for the past hour with no success. Hopefully it is just something stupid and basic.

Return to posts index

Michael CabralRe: Unable to see the composition view.
by on Dec 25, 2015 at 7:10:47 pm this is more detailed of what is happening. And yes I do have layers turned on.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Unable to see the composition view.
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 9:38:20 pm

When was the last time this machine was just turned off?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Unable to see the composition view.
by on Dec 27, 2015 at 9:30:17 am

In the first example you are in a sub-composition called "Grunge11", in the second one in a sub-composition called "mouth," not in your main composition. Are you sure you have something visible in those comps at this point in time?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved