ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS6 Project cannot be opened

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederic Alexandre Torres DappenAE CS6 Project cannot be opened
by on Dec 24, 2015 at 12:44:20 pm

Hi everyone!!!

I need to find a solution for this problem asap, hope someone knows the way to fix it.

I recently repaired (added 2 more gbs of RAM, so now I've got 4gbs, and changed my hard disk to a 250gbs SSD) and upgraded my 15inch 2008 Macbook Pro from Snow Leopard to Yosemite and installed Adobe After Effects CS6 + some plugins, exactly as I had before the upgrading. Actually, After Effects is opening quite fast by itself, but the problem comes when I try to open a specific project I've been working on my 21inch iMac (same software used, same plugins), which is running OSX Lion; it just starts to load all the files (I can actually see the icons of each file in the project window inside AE), but at about 67-68% of loading the program crashes without showing any specific dialog box.

I already tried to find some solutions, I verified and repaired disk permissions, but it really didn't work.

- Btw, when I opened this project (or any other project that was being worked on my iMac) and I was running Snow Leopard, I didn't have that problem at all. Maybe it has something to do with the upgrading to Yosemite?

- Another thing that I can think of, is that I was using the disk cache while working on the iMac. Does it affect in the moment of opening the same project in another computer?

Thank you very much beforehand, hope to get this clear soon.

Cheers and merry xmas!!!

Return to posts index

Chris DryerRe: AE CS6 Project cannot be opened
by on Dec 25, 2015 at 1:48:08 am

Hmmm... I didn't have such a problem, but I did have a problem where I had to call customer service about...

I had an error message - "Project is from a newer version" when I was certain i didn't open it in CC... and it was still a CS6 project.

they had me uninstall, and reinstall... then...They had me go under the Creative Cloud updater/assets thing, go down to Previous Versions, and find the updates under there for CS6.

which was like - Oh. that's sorta stupid. When reinstalling, you'd think you'd already have all the updates...

ummm... just sharing my experience with such things... do other projects open?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved