ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to create a perfect running loop?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel McClure
How to create a perfect running loop?
on Dec 22, 2015 at 1:21:25 am

I've filmed an actress running in place in profile against a greenscreen. I've been looking all over for a tutorial that will show me how to loop the footage perfectly. Does anyone know how to do this? I've played with the mesh tool, but it's not giving me the best results.

Thanks for reading!

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: How to create a perfect running loop?
on Dec 22, 2015 at 1:54:39 am

For a perfect match you would need to reverse the footage to end on the first frame. Would that work for your application, or are you looking for a solution that interpolates new frames to wrap around from the last frame to the first frame?

Return to posts index

Samuel McClure
on Dec 22, 2015 at 2:06:29 am

I've been reversing most of the actresses' other movements, but with running that isn't possible. After she's been chroma keyed, I'm using a lot of filters that turn her into a blurry painting. So I think I'm looking for something that will allows me to distort the last frame into looking like the first for a perfect loop. This usually wouldn't look natural, but since the figure is basically a cartoon character I don't think it will be noticeable.

I've lined things up so the first and last frames are almost identical, but besides the puppet or mesh tool I don't know of a way to bend the figure into the perfect position. Hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 22, 2015 at 3:11:16 pm

[Samuel McClure] "I've lined things up so the first and last frames are almost identical, but besides the puppet or mesh tool I don't know of a way to bend the figure into the perfect position. Hope that makes sense.
"

I like RE:Vision Effects RE:Flex [link].

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Samuel McClure
on Dec 22, 2015 at 6:42:04 pm

Thank you, that's perfect! I'm using their other plugins already, they're excellent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]