ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Polar Coordinates - Gap - Uneven spacing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex OlingerPolar Coordinates - Gap - Uneven spacing
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 6:14:06 am

I am trying to create a 3 part circular pattern out of 3 squares in AE.

The spacing between the bottom two shapes are working fine, but it seems like After Effects isn`t setting the distance between the 3 squares correctly, when I set the basic texture layout.
I have used the Align panel to make sure my 3 squares evenly spaced across the comp, but when I pre compose these, to bring into a new comp, to make a Polar Coordinate circle, I keep getting a gap on the top of the circle.

Both the comps are the same resolution.

I`ve been trying to troubleshoot if something is glitching when AE aligns the squares, but I`m still stumped. Are there any snap settings or any other settings that could be slipping through the cracks? I`ve set my Polar Coordinate settings to 100%, so it`s not that.

I`ve checked my other settings and nothing seems to be different from yesterday (yesterday, my polar coordinate circle creation was working just fine).

Thanks for any help you can provide. Here is a screen of what I am talking about.

- Alex

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Polar Coordinates - Gap - Uneven spacing
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 8:30:18 am

The gap at the top is the combination of the gaps at the sides in your precomp. Depending on whether you want to increase the gap of decrease it, you can either reside your precomp wider or narrower. Or scale the three shapes together.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved