ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Custom Dynamic Charts with Expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kamen AtanassovCustom Dynamic Charts with Expressions
by on Dec 18, 2015 at 6:41:15 pm

Hey guys,

I have found really useful info on this site regarding After Effects, but now I need some "custom" help with my latest project. So, thanks for visiting this thread and for all the help in advance. Please take a look at the attached project file. It's created with AE 2014 CC.

The idea:
I have created simple HUD graph animation and have set up few Slider, Point, Color and Checkbox controls, so my client can set comp duration (up to 60 seconds), scale, position, text effects (opacity and glow) and color by himself. The main comp (Graph 01) has all the controls set up.

The problem:
I want to have the Red circular loader (the white one is just for show, so ignore it), which starts from 6 o'clock and ends at 3 o'clock, to be controlled with a Slider control, so when the client enters value of let's say "50" only half of the bar is loaded. I was thinking of using precomp and time remap to control the loading, but not sure how to do that exactly. Expressions are not really my strong side. It's easy for me animate the slider control, but the client is not AE proficient at all, so as simple as possible value edit is desired here, hence the idea for the client to enter the "end" value for the Red loader. Of course, the percentage text and the white triangle should also correspond to the value of the red loader, that the client sets.

So, to simplify, the client wants 50% of the bar to be loaded and would enter value of 50.00 for the Loader Slider control and the animation starts from 0 and ends at 50%. The triangle follows the starting point of the bar and the counter counts up to 50%. But, the client should also have the ability to select how much time he wants the Red loader to "load" the desired percentage. He might want the animation to be executed for 5 or maybe 55 seconds.

Many thanks!

HUD Project AE File:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved