ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I keep video footage in one place?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avision Franklin
How do I keep video footage in one place?
on Dec 18, 2015 at 1:53:41 pm

Ok,

Content: I created a 3D city scene using video copilot's 3D elements. I exported the scene as a video file which consists of a camera shot panning from the top of a building to the street below ( base of building).

Issue: I am trying to insert footage of 2 people standing on the street when the camera reaches the street level below(base of building/Entrance). The footage is of 2 3D animated models with a green screen background so that I can key them in after effects. I key them successfully,(thats the easy part) but when I place in the scene which is about 6 seconds into the city scene when the camera reaches the street level, I can't seem to keep the keyed footage of the"3D actors" in place on the street level, when I scroll back to the beginning of the scene at the top of the building they keep moving with the camera.

Attempts: I tried camera tracker, but even the null, solid and text track objects move with the camera also.

I want to the "3D actors" on the sidewalk(street), as the camera pans up to the top of the building, they should go out of view, giving the impression that they actually are down at the street level on the sidewalk.

I did my best to explain. lol

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: How do I keep video footage in one place?
on Dec 18, 2015 at 4:02:10 pm

[Avision Franklin] "Attempts: I tried camera tracker, but even the null, solid and text track objects move with the camera also."

I won't even go deeper in the troubles you're having with that, but lets make the rest clear first. Why would you track a camera from a scene that you already have a camera? You said you created the scene with element 3d. So you either, animated a camera going from top to bottom (NO REASON to export, import and track), or you animated the building going up.

On the first case all you have to do is make your model's footage 3d and place them at street level.

In case you animated the buildings, make the footage 3d and link it to the building's null or via expression in case you didn't use element's create null button.

Make things match in scale, and you're done.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Avision Franklin
Re: How do I keep video footage in one place?
on Dec 27, 2015 at 7:23:25 am

Appreciate the reply. The 3D buildings I loaded via 3D Element are static,
I added a camera/null
captured the shots I wanted,
exported as a video
re-imported video
camera tracked
generated track points

I don't have an issue placing for instance, Text, which always manages to stay in place. My issue is with {Video Layers} I created a separate video with moving objects, I import, Key the green out--and swap the Track/point Solid with the video layer, but when I play the entire project, the video layer does not stay in place, unlike text ect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]