ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Tracking Difficulty

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Haffenden3D Tracking Difficulty
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:54:39 pm

Hi there,

I am looking to recreate the random falling text effect seen from 53 seconds in this clip.

I have created the text layer in trapcode particular and am happy with that but am desperately struggling to composite them onto my clip. If anybody could point me in the direction of a good tutorial or a just any tips at all, I would be forever grateful!

Sorry if this has been posted on here before but I am pretty desperate!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: 3D Tracking Difficulty
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 7:50:28 am

1) Is the camera moving?

2) Is there a person or something else in the foreground that you want the particles to go behind?

3) Was it shot on a green screen or do you have the background already in the shot?

4) What is the trouble you are having with camera tracking?

Return to posts index

Michael HaffendenRe: 3D Tracking Difficulty
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 10:41:42 am

1) yes the camera is on a glide track moving from left to right with a slight pan of the camera to keep my subject centred.

2) there is a person sat in the foreground at a desk! he remains pretty still so im quite confident i could rotoscope him!

3) I have the background already in the shot unfortunately! not shot on a green screen!

4) the main problem im having is when I use the 3D camera tracker on AE, the camera movement is causing the trapcode particles to fall diagonally as opposed to straight down! As you can see by the video I attached, I would like them to fall straight down!

If you need any more info please let me know!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: 3D Tracking Difficulty
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 11:51:35 am

I assume they are actually falling straight down but due to the camera movement they appear to be falling diagonally. The easiest solution would be to use horizontal wind to push them over a the same speed as the camera moves. You'll have to experiment to find the right wind speed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved