ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Convert animation made at 60fps to 30fps without losing all smoothness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerson SilveiraConvert animation made at 60fps to 30fps without losing all smoothness
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 11:38:03 am

Morning,

I made an animation where only the camera moves around an object in 90% of the animation.

Rendering at 60fps, importing 60 fps in after effects and rendering at 60 fps looks great, but as I need to down to 30 frames (29.97) at the end, when I do that in the after effects just by changing the output to 30 fps to Instead of the original 60, it loses much of the fluidity of movement, and have no sudden movements in animation.
If i render with 30 fps at a lower resolution its ok, but in full HD 30 fps you feel the problem.

And it is no problem with GI, have some objects render without any complex effect like GI or blurred reflection or anything, it's just color of the object.

Is there any way in After Effects or another program that takes advantage of those frames the most to create some kind of interpolation to convert the 60 to 30 fps?
or in this case I will have to render again in another way to get good at 30 fps ? actually not going to have that time to render again, but at least I will know.

sorry for google translantion

thank you

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Convert animation made at 60fps to 30fps without losing all smoothness
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:25:04 pm

An animation looks smooth when the difference from one frame to the next is subtle. The smoothness in your animation comes from the high frame rate. By cutting the frame rate in half, you are increasing the difference from one frame to the next, and thus decreasing smoothness.

So to make the animation smoother at 30fps, you need to decrease the visible difference from one frame to the next. You have a couple options:

1) Adjust the animation. Use smaller moves, or slower ones.

2) Use motion blur [link]. This will make your moving objects less sharp, but more more fluid.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Convert animation made at 60fps to 30fps without losing all smoothness
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 10:16:13 pm

Pixel Motion Blur work great in most cases.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]