ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Irritating curves update - Why are all four channels displayed at the same time?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ximon GrayIrritating curves update - Why are all four channels displayed at the same time?
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 10:26:07 am

Prior to CC 2014, the curves effect would display one channel at a time - RGB, red, green, or blue depending on which you choose from the drop-down menu. Now, no matter which channel I select, it displays and allows me to edit all four at the same time. This makes it very difficult to grab the correct channel or curve point when they're all close together or overlapping.

Here's what I mean:

Is there any way of going back to how it was before?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Irritating curves update - Why are all four channels displayed at the same time?
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 10:32:00 am

[Ximon Gray] "Now, no matter which channel I select, it displays and allows me to edit all four at the same time. This makes it very difficult to grab the correct channel or curve point when they're all close together or overlapping. "

Not that I know of -- but you can enlarge the Curves control with the controls just above the graph to make it easier to grab points, and you can bring one of the curves "to the foreground" by selecting it as the channel to make it easier to grab a point on the one you want.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]