ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Color management woes: AE -> Keynote -> Keynote iPad

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor GilchristColor management woes: AE -> Keynote -> Keynote iPad
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 4:45:03 pm

I'll keep this really short:

Creating an app mockup/prototype presentation for final delivery on a Retina iPad, 4th gen
Building that presentation in Keynote on an iMac (Keynote v6.6.1 2560), running latest El Capitain
Creating a movie in AE to simulate a "real" time clock for use in the presentation (i.e. a clock that ticks along as if it were "live").
All working well, except for color management.

I can't use alpha channel for the numbers, as alpha-channel movies won't play on iOS.
So I matched the BG color from the slide for use as the BG in AE and rendered out my clock movie with sRGB profile applied to the color management tab of the render cue.
AE project also set for sRGB.
iMac display set to sRGB and restarted.

In Keynote on the iMac all is well (screenshot #1):

On the iPad all is NOT well (screenshot #2):

I'd read that iPads do not respect ICC profiles, but that anything created as sRGB will behave, but...

I've tried multiple QT format renders from AE
I've tried NOT converting the movie in keynote for iOS use (which makes an H.264 copy btw and still doesn't change the color)
I've tried altering the gamma (using color correction in AE), but that just throws off my Mac Keynote colors.

It seems I can either have the iMac Keynote look right and iPad wrong, or go through the iPad presentation changing BG colors to match the imported videos and mess up the iMac version where all the design work is being done...

If anyone has ANY IDEAS AT ALL, I will be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved