ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render and dynamic link not showing up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominick SantiseRender and dynamic link not showing up
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 4:33:49 pm

Hello. Pretty new to AE, have used FCP for some motion graphics in the past and just transitioned to Adobe. Working in Premiere and AE. I have an AE project that I am working on. I have several compositions in the project linked to Premiere that are working fine for the most part (minimal effects or transitions). It randomly gives me update issues but if I close and reopen Premiere I get the update. Figuring that's just a system issue (YOSEMITE, 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB, 16GB RAM) as I am due to upgrade and this machine wasn't built for this work.

The big issue I am having is that I did a composition in AE using a displacement map and a normal map on type. ITs a textured image with white type fading in and out on the texture. It works well in AE preview. However, when I opened it in Premiere the textured image is there, the timing is correct, but the type and the effect don't show up. I tried making the type a color to see if it was possibly an opacity thing but that didn't help. I rendered and exported as .mov file. No luck, same result. Is there something obvious I am missing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render and dynamic link not showing up
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 4:45:25 pm

Check to see if your layers have inadvertantly been made into Guide Layers. They show up in the comp, but they don't render.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dominick SantiseRe: Render and dynamic link not showing up
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 4:50:14 pm

You are my hero for today, this week, and probably the rest of the year. I know exactly when I accidentally switched it, having no idea that is what it did. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved