ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

remove rig's shadow from the wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gianni Saponara
remove rig's shadow from the wall
on Dec 3, 2015 at 1:44:06 am

Hi guys,
I'm trying to remove this shadow with Mocha pro...but the result isn't very good...do you have some suggestion? Thank you!

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/306/24273

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: remove rig's shadow from the wall
on Dec 3, 2015 at 2:46:12 am

What are you settings for the remove? Are you using illumination modelling or a straight remove? Are you using a clean plate or the available background?

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Gianni Saponara
on Dec 3, 2015 at 8:58:59 am

Hello Martin,
I'm using straight remove and I'm trying to separate the clip in two parts. In the first one (the shadow doesn't moves) I use a clean plate, in the second (the shadow moves along the wall) I'm trying to use the background...

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
on Dec 4, 2015 at 3:01:05 am

It may well be that you don't have enough background to use. Try using the clean plate and "use clean plates exclusively" across the whole shot. You may need to employ the illumination modelling if there is any subtle shift of light.

If you can show a screengrab of your set up and the problem render I can also help troubleshoot.

Return to posts index

Gianni Saponara
on Dec 4, 2015 at 11:33:02 pm

Hello Martin,
I'm trying to track the clip in two different parts because the tracking isn't solid. I don't know why but the track on the wall drifts so much...

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
on Dec 7, 2015 at 12:16:52 am

Is it possible to send me the clip to test? This looks like it should be simple to track, so i'd like to replicate the issue.
martinb[at ]imagineersystems{dot}com.

Return to posts index

Gianni Saponara
on Dec 9, 2015 at 3:46:23 pm

Hello Martin,
I've sent you a mail with the clip attached.
Thanks.
Gianni

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
on Dec 10, 2015 at 4:38:31 am

You're right, this is a tough one to track! The main issue is the luminance shift as the women walks down the stairs.
Since the only available texture is the stair shadows, they vary when she walks down.

You could try crunching the colours to get a bit more contrast into the shadows. On your compressed clip you sent this was difficult due to the lossy image. Give it a try on your full res clip and see if it makes a difference.
You can do this either by relinking a color corrected clip, or by using the white and black reference fields in Log color space in the mocha Clip tab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]