ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Amazing Element 3d work

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy BeAmazing Element 3d work
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 12:59:44 am

Hi Guys and Girls

I'm fairly new to the element 3d game and I was wondering if anyone wiser than myself cold give me a bit of insight into the video below.

I am trying to do a similar thing with a surface in a scene where the floor can flip to another surface similar to the animation at 00:23.

I am across how to use the animation engine to animate elements between each other but cant seem to find a method to cause this flipping.

I would very much appreciate any insight or advice or links to tutorials that might help me out.

Thanks in advance guys

Return to posts index

Devin ConwayRe: Amazing Element 3d work
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 7:54:41 am

If you are new to element 3D you probably won't be able to make that happen. Effects like that are pretty top of the line and I'm not even sure if element 3D would support something like that. that was most likely created with Cinema 4D. are you trying to do it in a real life shot or is the entire scene built digitally?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Amazing Element 3d work
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 12:14:21 pm

you need two groups with the same number of particles with that shape, emmited in a ring shaped object. the anchor should be on the botton. Rotate the second group's particle by 180 degrees in the X axis. Use a Sphere animator to transition between groups. (I'm not sure you can get that randomness though).

For the texturing I would have two instances of that element layer. One with just ambient occlusion with everything white just so I'd multiply the shadows. The other should be one side white (on the particle shape) and one side black so you could use it as a luma matte for anything you'll want to transition to.

You can get pretty close to that using element. But that was probably done in a full 3d application.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Andy BeRe: Amazing Element 3d work
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 10:22:54 pm

You are the best Cassius Marques! thansk for the advice. love it when people actually drop advice not more questions.

Cheers bro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved