ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pricing After Effects Work?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake DavisPricing After Effects Work?
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 1:39:27 am

Hello all!

I'm a small business video editor (Premiere) and have been teaching myself After Effects in my spare time as I really enjoy it and with my background in graphics I think I can probably take that farther than PP.

I just finished my first solo After Effects project for a local app developer and... quite frankly.... I have no idea where I SHOULD have priced myself.
It was my first all AE project and my client was very happy with the price and end product, so now I just need to figure out what I should be charging moving forward.

If you've got 60 seconds, would you mind watching this video and letting me know, just at a guess, how much you would assume this would cost (or how much you would have charged for this)?

And if you're feeling extra generous, how much time you think it should have taken to put together?

I'm looking to start marketing myself to the Bay / Silicon Valley area small app devs.

Client provided the music and .PNG / .PSD / .AI files and footage seen in the 'windows', everything else was animated in After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved